Sunday, October 21, 2012

31 Days of Life: Day 21

Today was Friend Day at church. Friend Day is a certain Sunday on which you are encouraged to bring a friend with you. (I always sort of want to laugh about a designated day to bring a friend to church. It seems silly since any day is a great day to bring a friend to church...unless the topic is tithing, right? ;-) Just kidding.) We enjoyed worshiping together and ate lunch at church afterward. While the adults chatted and visited, the children played on the jolly jump bouncy houses and ate several more cookies, I think. It was a really nice day to be together as a church - family & friends.

As I was busy talking and watching all the people, I realized how thankful I am to have a church family to call home. It means so much to me to be part of this body of people, and I am overwhelmed at God's goodness in calling us to serve alongside these precious ones. There is no church that is perfect, and ours is far from it. But, there is a genuineness of love for the Lord here. There is a sense of true caring. Most importantly, there is a body of people with a growing sense of what it means to take Jesus into the world. This I love. This I thank God for.


No comments:

Post a Comment