Monday, October 6, 2008

A Rite of Passage

Our first born just lost her first tooth. We've been anticipating it for days, and we've each had our share of turns pulling on it. Tonight was the night! Libby is a child in a pure state of wonderment and delight. I, the mother, am amazed at the feelings the tooth brought about in me. In the very instant of pulling her tooth, it seemed like the last 6 years of her life flashed before me. That tooth came to us when she was 10 months old...a time that seems so different, so long ago. A time when it seemed like she was forever a baby. Now, I'm quickly reminded how fast those 6 years have gone, and I catch a glimsp of how the next 6 will be here before we know it. Our baby, growing up.

It is a simple thing...a first lost tooth, but there are so many warm memories and joyful emotions that surround it. Brandon and I both spent time thanking God for who He's made Libby to be and asking that He continue to grow her in love for Him.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Libby! And Kristen, I love the way you wrote this post. So beautiful. I have tears in my eyes... God is so good, and shows us so much through our children.

    ReplyDelete